Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The theory of origin (of this blog)

The son calls up Mom and excitedly rattles away about--- well , anything. No response. 'Mummy, are you listening?' ' eh, Raju, you have a cold?'

I read Sundar's blogposts on various topics and say, 'ah, so he has an attack again, rather frequent, aren't they?'

As one who suffered no ends due to allergy attacks, and was fortunate to stumble upon a very simple but miraculous remedy, I wish to rush help. Hence I created this blog!

Believe it or not, all you do is -keep some sesame oil in your mouth for some 15 minutes and then spit and rinse off thoroughly- done.

Now, answers to the expected qs.

when-- preferably in the mornings, I do it first thing after brushing.

how much-- not too much , not too little, you will arrive at yr. optimum qty.

how long-- about 15 mins. again you can figure it out

till when-- the recommended period was at least 9 months to go through one round of every season. but I wld say 'why stop?' I started 3 yrs ago and am still on.

How does it work-- the root cause of most of our ailments is said to be oral and this strikes at the roots.

what does it cure-- it is claimed to be a panacea for most ills and I don't dispute the claim. It takes care of dental, respiratory, digestive problems, ulcer, joint pains, allergies-- never mind. Your body feels like a well oiled machine.

but I am allergic to sesame oil?--- so am I.But it didn't trouble me. sunflower oil is given as an alternative but to folks brought up on the 'kalyana gunangal' of sesame oil, equating it with sunflower oil wld. be sacrilege. If you are really scared, the option exists.

Take care not to swallow (by mistake) what you set out to get rid of.
If and when you take ill, follow your usual course of medication.
You can find details here.

The stumbling blocks

In my attempts at proselytizing the few I cared to, the harvest has been discouraging. reasons?

- It doesn't do much to one's ego. 'No, my problem is different you know, so many big doctors cldn't cure me.'

- the inability to understand that complex problems needn't always have complex solutions.

-'yuck, I can't have something messy in my mouth first thing in the morning. I don't like the smell, taste of oil, I have to have coffee first thing in the morning' etc, etc. I can only say you don't get the taste or smell, that pieces fall in place once you get started and that you are ready for coffee by the time coffee is ready for you!

- the earth will stop spinning if I don't speak for 15 minutes. Try and you will be surprised! and a bonus, you become a good mime artist and your family has some fun time.

- 'Yeah, I tried for a week, but----' heavy drop out rate.

To add some autobiographical authenticity, I had gone thro' a detailed allergy test and the subsequent process of immunization through the gradual introduction of the allergens. The glitch was you had to be in perfect health to receive the allergens and you had to receive the allergens to get perfect health! 'kalyanam aanaalthan paithiyam thelliyum, paithiyam thellinjalthan kalyanam aagum'. And what with every unsuspected food item, a whiff of dusty wind, a wardrobe cleaning session, a small wait at the traffic signal, a quick passing through a construction site -- anything waiting to pounce with an attack and the antibiotics biting dust one after another - it was a long drawn battle. In these last 3 yrs. now, my visits to the Dr. have been few and far between, the attacks scarce, very mild and easily beaten.

Now, the mission accomplished, 'piravipperum payan' being attained, (of the blog), I can go back to being myself, a bystander!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

one point blog?

interesting.

I will volunteer to be the next guinea pig on this expt.

I am not the type who throws away ideas because they came from others, are not rooted in western thought etc. etc.

However, I am lazy.

only question I have for you in terms of the "motivation"..

if I do this thing 15 mins every morning, how soon can I actually try to eat sesame seeds to test the cure ?

:)

let me know.

the expt. will start this weekend, in case god forbid, I swallow the stuff by mistake.

:)

and finally

THANKS

a bystander said...

@Sundar
Thanks for the undertaking.
# but of course. otherwise why wld. I take the trouble? oil companies don't pay me a commission.
# test after @20 days.
-test after a meal of non allergic food(not on an empty stomach)
-well before bed time. (to accommodate a non allergic meal after the test intake)
- not if you already have problems, symptoms.
- a large mug of black tea (I add pepper powder too) after the test helps. (black coffee too wld do)
-keep the fire extinguisher at hand, just in case; what you take if you have an attack.
(already I feel I have earned a consultation!)
Good luck.

I think the modus operandi is, it gets rid of the bacteria/ virus on a daily basis, avoiding a cumulative effect.
-lubricates the respiratory passage,(a non-stick coating) especially the throat. My allergy doctor used to say if only he cld keep the phlem flowing and not collect at the throat causing an infection, half the battle wld be won. So it is this part of the battle we are fighting with oil!
- and bec. you don't get frequent attacks and are not subjected to too much of antibiotics, your general immunity improves.
So no magic. Even now I get up on many mornings with a swollen face and a choked throat; the oil session and a hot water bath later, there is an 'All Clear' signal and how grateful I am for the mercy!
Motivation enough?

Unknown said...

thanks

:)